Amaranth muffins with carrot
· ½ cup cooked Quntu’s amaranth
· ½ cup Brown sugar
· 1 cup grate carrots
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate
· 1 cup wheat flour
· ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
· ½ cup oil
· 2 eggs
· 1 cup cream cheese
· ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees F).
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients except the brown sugar (amaranth, grate carrots, baking soda, sodium bicarbonate, wheat flour, ground cinnamon).
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar with the eggs and the oil.
- Incorporate the mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mix into the muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C - 350°F
- Let it cool for five minutes before taking the muffins out of the pan and decorate with the preferred topping.