Cinnamon amaranth with berries
- 1 cup Quntu amaranth, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- assortment of fresh berries of your choice
- sliced almonds or nut of your choice.
- maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients except the berries in a medium saucepan over medium high heat, stir and bring to a boil.
- When it starts to boil, reduce heat to a simmer and allow to cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally, add in more milk if mixture gets too dry.
- While amaranth is cooking wash and prepare the fruit.
- When amaranth is done, spoon into serving bowls, top with fruit, nuts or seeds and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Serve and enjoy!